STATE-OF-THE-ART, SUBMERSIBLE HIGH SPEED HOLE MACHINES FOR THE AEROSPACE AND IGT INDUSTRIES
High Speed Hole Electrical Discharge Machining is a unique way to produce precise, accurate holes in conductive materials regardless of their shape or hardness rapidly and cost effectively. This is accomplished by utilizing the process of eroding material via an electrical spark jumping across the gap between the rotating electrode and the work piece. This eroding of material is done while dielectric fluid is flushed through the hollow electrode at high-pressure to both cool the work piece and remove the eroded material. In addition to round holes, this process allows us to create diffusor shapes around the holes which improves the cooling effectiveness of turbine engine components.
Capabilities and Technologies:
- Able to drill “non-line of sight holes” utilizing proprietary technologies
- Utilize “soft alignment” technique which eliminates the need for hard point nest, thus allowing for full access to the work piece.
- Hole sizes from .008” (.2mm) to .236” (6mm)
- Advanced break-thru detection to prevent back-striking when Fast Hole Drilling into hollow cavities. Detection occurs within 1 second or 0.040” (1mm)
- Rise and fall work tank system for quicker dielectric drainage allowing for reduced cycle time.
- Automatic Tool Changer (ATC) allows for unattended machine operation and rapid exchange of electrodes, less than 30 seconds.
- Highly precision rotary tables allow for 6 axis machining capability.
Rotary Table - A: 360° / B: -110°/+30°
55.11" x 41.33" x 33.0"
Max Work Piece Weight